Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Literacy Station Update

Just wanted to drop in and let you know how my literacy stations are working out.

I love how well the students are working within their groups.  Students stay on task and are truley engaged in their word work part of their station.  Here are a couple of pictures of them working at their stations.  Some choose to work at a desk while other choose the floor.




Here are my problems:

The books I have chosen (by theme) for the literacy box are on second grade level.  The problem is my students are below grade level.  They are not able to read the books I have chose for them.  UGH!!  I know this happens but it is so frustrating!!  As a temporary solution students are choosing books to read from the leveled classroom library and they have free choice within their level.  I have a strong collection of books however, the weakest area of my classroom are the lower level books.

Here is what the leveled library collection looks like.



Here is a picture of my management board.



We still have a lot of work to do on getting these stations going as I would like but we are off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment