Monday, July 29, 2013

Nursery Rhyme Literacy Center Box

Happy Monday Everyone!  I hope you are all doing well.  I have one week that I can work in my classroom.  Next week I am keeping my two year old nephew for a week.  Then, I return to work the third week.  So, I hope to have classroom pics for you on Friday.

I just finished my second literacy box.  I forgot to take pictures of all the books however I can't wait to show you all the things I have created.  This has to be one of the favorite things I have created.

I chose the theme of Nursery Rhymes because these books will be familiar with the students.

 {click for download}


I would like to show you my Nursery Rhyme Literacy Center pack that I plan to use for word work.  
This can be found in my TpT store.


 First is a short e and short o word sort using the spelling words for the second week in my reading series.  This short vowel word sort address the First Grade Common Core Standard: RF. 1.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words. *Decode regularly spelled one-syllable words.  This activity includes a recording sheet.


Next is Help your mouse run up the clock with Syllables.  Students will read words and sort into groups based on the number of syllables in a word.  This also includes a recording sheet.


Is It A Sentence? activity has students locate a group of words that is not a sentence and create a new sentence from the group of words.  This activity addresses the second grade common core standard:  L.21f Produce, expand, and rearrange complete simple and compound sentences. 

 Next in an ABC order activity to the first letter.  Students will put 12 words in ABC order.

In Nursery Rhyme Synonyms students match words with like meanings. This activity address the Second Grade Common Core Standard:  L.2.5b  Distinguish shades of meaning among closely related verbs  (e.g., toss, throw, hurl) and closely related adjectives (e.g., thin, slender, skinny, scrawny).  A recording sheet is included in this activity.

Nursery Rhyme Create A Sentence is just for fun.  This is something that they all did in first grade and it a great review for the start of second grade. 
I love Roll and Read.  In this version students will be reading short Nursery Rhymes and words related to Nursery Rhymes.

Finally,  vocabulary dominoes.  Students are just match Nursery Rhyme words with their definitions.


No comments:

Post a Comment