Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet The Teacher


Today started the second week of the school year for me. I hope by participating in this week's linky parties it will jump start this blog again. For the last couple of weeks the start of the school year has consumed all my time.

Tell Us A Little Something About You....


My name is Mechele Barrow. I teach second grade at West Blocton Elementary School in West Blocton, AL. My family comes only behind God in my life. I am blessed to have been married to my husband for the past 20 years. God has given us two beautiful daughters.





My oldest daughter, Katie, is in the eight grade. She has been taking piano for 9 years and is becoming a wonderful pianist. This will be her first year with the high school marching band. We will be attending all the local games in support of Katie and the West Blocton Tigers!




My youngest daughter, Abby, is in the sixth grade. She is very active. She loves her Granddaddy's horses and helping with animals on his farm. She is a cheerleader for the 11-12 West Blocton youth program. We will attend her games every Saturday night for the next eight weeks.



How Long Have You Been Teaching?

This year starts my 19th year as a teacher. I have taught kindergarten, first, second, third and fourth grades. I hold a bachelors degree in early childhood/elementary education and a masters degree in elementary education from the University of Montevallo. I am considered Highly Qualified by the State of Alabama.

You might not know...

I am a home grown girl! I have lived in this area of Alabama my entire life. I can't imagine living anywhere else. I love to travel and visit other places, but, none are like my home.

What are you most looking forward to this school year?

In general, I am excited about this school year. I am looking forward to all the wonderful exchanges we are going to take part in. I am excited to know that our class will be working with other second grade classrooms. I am looking forward to improving my classroom blog and make learning exciting for the children. Please feel free to stop by our classroom blog--It is in the beginning stages. Any advice, suggestions are welcome.


What do you need to improve?
  • I need to incorporate more technology into my classroom. I need for my students to use technology to enhance their learning. I hope my blog friends will have plenty of ideas with this.
  • I need to better manage my time and complete my work at school. I must learn how to prioritize and give my family the time they deserve.

What teaching supplies can you NOT live without?
  • I use my ceiling mounted projector everyday! I don't know what I would do without it.
  • I am finally getting a document camera. I hope it will become something I can't live without.
Head on over to meet other teachers and find some new blogs! I am looking forward to reading all the other posts.





No comments:

Post a Comment