The purpose of this is for students to become fluent in counting money.
All students will begin the school year with $2.00 in coin manipulatives. These coins will be kept in a zip lock bag. We will call this bag our “Money Bag” .
How will the students earn money?
- Good Behavior
- Having A Clean and Organized Desk
- Completing and Turning in Homework
- Being a Good Citizen
- Coming to school 5 days in a row
- I will also randomly assign tasks that will receive money
Students will pay fines for committing the following offense:
- Ending the day on the red card
- Misbehavior in hall, lunchroom, bathroom and bus
- Acting out in classroom, library, computer lab and PE class
- At times students will pay a fine for not reading at night, failure to complete and turn in homework and not returning various forms and notes
- Do not trade, loan, borrow, steal or give money away
- Do not take money bag out of the classroom