Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teacher Talk Tuesday

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope your day was very productive. I am linking up with Blog Hoppin' this week and today is Teacher Talk Tuesday. I will try to offer my best advice for new and returning teacher alike.

So here is my five favorite tips for new teachers:

  1. Your attitude is contagious. Students can pick up on your moods. I have found that when I am calm and soft spoken so are my children. If I am in a good mood and excited to start my day so are they.
  2. Be a team player. Don't work alone. Your school secretary, janitor and lunch staff can be your best friends. Avoid gossip at all costs! Never say anything that you don't want everyone else to know. However, keep all things said to you in confidence.
  3. So what if everything doesn't get done---THE WORLD WILL NOT END! You must make time for yourself and your family. School can and will consume your life if you let it. A wise teacher once told me that I could work at school day and night and there would always be something else to do.
  4. When you leave at the end of the day have everything prepared for the next. Organization will be key. Make sure you have all your materials and copies ready for the coming day.
  5. When everything you have tried has been unsuccessful---EAT! It always make me feel better. Remember that tomorrow is another day and it will get better.

I am Blog Hoppin' and reading all sorts of wonderful advice. Hop on over and read what advice other teachers offer, you will not be disappointed.



2 comments:

  1. Number 1 is so true!!! It goes for students AND co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still struggle with number 4. I have made a rule this year that I will have everything ready for the next so I don't feel like I am rushing in the morning! I am getting better!!

    ReplyDelete