Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer Reading

Teaching Happily Ever After is having a linky party and I thought I would join in.

Where do I start? I love to read and I enjoy reading on my Kindle.

Professionally I plan to read:

  • Math Work Stations by Debbie Diller. I hope to read along with other bloggers and explore the possibilities of using math work stations in my second grade classroom next year.

  • Several years ago our school did a book study on Bringing Words to Life. I would like to revisit this book in hope of bring new life to my vocabulary instruction.


  • Our school also did a book study with The Daily 5. I have used the Daily 5 framework in my kindergarten classroom and hope to do that again this new year in second grade. I will be referring back to this book often as I plan the literacy centers for second grade.
As I was leaving for summer break my reading coach suggested I should read The CAFE Book over the summer. So, if time permits I will try to read this one too!



Now, my personal reading preferences is to find books that are light and fun to read. I will make time to try and read at least two books just for pleasure.


  • In the past I have enjoyed the Stephanie Plum novels written by Janet Evanovich. The last few books have been so-so in my opinion. However, I still plan to read her newest book to be released on June 21. I hope this book will be as good as her first few in the series.

  • Another favorite author I have is Julie Garwood. She has a new book coming out in August. I hope I have time to read this book before school starts. I know that once school starts my time for pleasure reading will be limited.


No comments:

Post a Comment