Where do I start? I love to read and I enjoy reading on my Kindle.
Professionally I plan to read:
- Math Work Stations by Debbie Diller. I hope to read along with other bloggers and explore the possibilities of using math work stations in my second grade classroom next year.
- Several years ago our school did a book study on Bringing Words to Life. I would like to revisit this book in hope of bring new life to my vocabulary instruction.
- Our school also did a book study with The Daily 5. I have used the Daily 5 framework in my kindergarten classroom and hope to do that again this new year in second grade. I will be referring back to this book often as I plan the literacy centers for second grade.
Now, my personal reading preferences is to find books that are light and fun to read. I will make time to try and read at least two books just for pleasure.
- In the past I have enjoyed the Stephanie Plum novels written by Janet Evanovich. The last few books have been so-so in my opinion. However, I still plan to read her newest book to be released on June 21. I hope this book will be as good as her first few in the series.
- Another favorite author I have is Julie Garwood. She has a new book coming out in August. I hope I have time to read this book before school starts. I know that once school starts my time for pleasure reading will be limited.