Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Writing Portfolio and Premium Graphics Club

Good Evening All!

I know that I haven't blogged in some time.  I ask that all of you keep me and my family in your prayers as my family is going through some health issues and that is taking most of my time.   However, I could not let  an opportunity to pass by without letting everyone know how much I have enjoyed the graphics from Mel from Graphics from the Pond.  This past year I was able to subscribe to her yearly membership and it was fabulous!  Each weekday I had a new graphic set waiting on me in my inbox! 



Tonight I am linking up with Tania from Mrs. Paultney's Ponderings and telling you about one of my products I created with Mel's graphics.

Using the lined paper graphics Mel sent out I was able to complete the Writing Portfolio for my classroom for the 2013-2014 school year.
 

This is a writing portfolio or writing prompt collection for the entire school year for 2013-2014. Each prompt is on a single page. My district copies this entire document for each child in my classroom.  I place this document in a bind and students work on one page each morning.   This does not take the place of my writing workshop.This is used for morning work, it is additional writing practice.

The collection is broken into months. Each month will come with a table of contents listing the topic of the writing prompt and if it correlates to any common core standards.

Within each month you will find examples of the following:
*Different types of graphic organizers to complete
*Descriptive or Narrative Paragraph writing from the graphic organizers
*Letter Writing
*Handwriting Practice
*Math Review Practice
*Writing Lists
*Acrostic Poem Writing




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up Mechele! I will definitely miss those emails but will enjoy shopping in her store :) What a great resource you put together on writing! I am glad I found your blog through this linky and I am your newest follower.
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete