Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tattling

This year I want to spend my first couple of weeks focusing on management.  I want students to learn the appropriate behavior in the classroom.  So I began my search for lessons and ideas on tattling.  I found many, many ideas.  I have decided to use these activities during the first few weeks of school.


First, I will read Tattlin' Madeline and create an anchor chart similar to the one Mrs. Terhune has created for her class. We will be discussing the difference between reporting and tattling.





Next,  I plan on reading A Bad Case of Tattle Tongue.  As a class we will sort using this "Emergencies or Tattles" from Rachelle over at What The Teacher Wants






Then, we can reread one of the first two books.  We are continuing to review the difference between reporting and tattling. Students will complete this sort from Ms. Wainwright The Not So Wimpy Teacher.  I am planning on making individual copies and maybe having the students sort them in a notebook.?.






 I also plan on reading Don't Squeal Unless It's a Big Deal and I am going to use the lesson created by Blooming In 1st.  The lesson is created in a "I do", "We do", and "You do" format.  It looks great and I can't wait to see what my children can do.



Last we will end with a activity sheet made by Miss Giraffe's Class.  This is a quick way I can assess the students to see if they understand the concept of reporting vs. tattling.  I would also like to add a craftivity here.

I know this is a lot of tattleing information. Hopefully, students will see the importance and make our year go smoothly and we will become a true classroom community. 
Thanks so much to all the other teachers for creating everything for me!!! 

What tattling activities do you do?

Do you know of a tattling craftivity that I can use during this week?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment