Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 2 {Clutter-Free Classroom Project}

Week 1 came and went as I admitted I had an organization problem in the classroom. The assignment for week 2 was to come up with a plan.


Here is what I have come up with:

What do you plan to do with your "stuff" you no longer want? Since I just moved classrooms this year, I gave away lots of things over the summer. What is left is probably headed for the trash. For more information on this check out the post from Clutter-Free Classroom. I have just let me classroom get unorganized this year and I need to get it back to the way it was.

What are your rules for purging?
  1. Gather all teacher addition textbooks, workbooks, etc... and place together in one place. Any that is not being used will be returned to the school's book room.
  2. Find a neat and attractive way to organize all the teacher binders I have received during conferences and trainings. Discard any that no longer apply to what I am currently teaching.
  3. Regroup/Rearrange reading resource bookshelf to a more organized system. Not sure how I am going to do
  4. Make a digital copy of any papers and keep one hard copy, all others should be recycled.
More tips can be found HERE.

What have you gathered to make your decluttering task easier?
I have everything I need in my classroom. I plan to use baskets, bins, boxes and trash bags. For a more detailed explanation check out Jodi's post HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment