Wednesday, May 4, 2011

ABC Summer Countdown "I"

On Tuesday May 3 we celebrated the letter "I" in our ABC Summer Countdown. I was so excited about today because I had planned for us to be illustrators. I took construction paper and covered the cover of Two Bad Ants by Chris Van Allsburg. I was going to read the story without showing the children the pictures and without using the word "ant" or "ants". After reading the story the children were to illustrate what they thought the story was about.
Image for Amazon.com

This was going great, UNTIL, I said the word "ants". Oh well, I guess next year I will even cover the words before the lesson. We still illustrated the story and I thought it turned out pretty good.


We also read the story Ice Cream by Eilsha Cooper.


We had ice cream sandwiches for snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment